Road closure conditions
Temporary road closure conditions
The applicant and their representatives:
- Must carry out letterbox drops to affected tenants, occupants and building managements at least one week prior to the commencement of the road closure, and to resolve, to the satisfaction of the City, any issues that may arise and all representations made by affected tenants and occupants.
- Must provide a telephone number of the supervisor responsible for the proposed work to the City’s Construction Regulations Unit, and include these contact details in the notification letters to affected tenants, occupants and building managements.
- Must obtain written agreement from all affected car park operators for the proposed closures, and indemnify the City of Sydney and the Local Pedestrian, Cycling and Traffic Calming Committee against all claims of revenue loss as a result of the road closure.
- Roads must be closed in accordance with AS1742.3 and the approved Traffic Management Plan, unless otherwise directed by Police or authorised City officers.
- Before the road closure is implemented the applicant MUST obtain a permit from the City’s Construction Regulations Unit (Telephone: 9265 9333).
- Must contact the Police for deployment of User-Pays police if required for the road closure.
- Must not occupy the carriageway or footway of the road until the road closure has been implemented.
- Must at all times provide a 4-metre wide emergency lane along the closed road.
- Must provide and maintain appropriate and adequate traffic measures (including detour signs and flagmen) for the safe movement of traffic and pedestrians.
- Must, to the satisfaction of the Emergency Services, at all times provide access to adjoining premises in the road being closed. All services (fire hydrants etc) must be kept free of any obstructions.
- Must advise emergency services (namely Police, Fire Brigade and St John Ambulance) of the road closure.
- Must remove all barriers and signs associated with the road closure at the times nominated to reopen the road to traffic.
- Must indemnify the City against all claims for damage or injury that may result from the activity or occupation of part of the road or footpath during the activity. The applicant must provide documentary evidence of public risk insurance cover indemnifying Council for a minimum of $20,000,000.
- Must reimburse the City for the cost of repair to any damage caused to the road or footpath as a result of their activities.
- Must comply with any reasonable directive of the City Rangers, Police or Roads and Maritime Services.
- Must at all times carryout the crane installation and lifting operations in a safe manner.
- Must comply with the City's Code of Practice for Construction Hours and Noise within the City Centre.
- Must place an advertisement in a Sydney metropolitan newspaper at least 7 days before the road closure.
- Must meet all costs associated with the closure and shall pay all fees in accordance with the Council’s current Fees and Charges.
- Must notify the Transport for NSW Transport Management Centre.
- Must ensure a suitable Occupational Health & Safety Plan is in place for all personnel working at the site.
- Any variation on the approved date and conditions of approval must be submitted to the City’s Traffic Operations Manager for resolution.
- Must where practical make alternate parking arrangements for affected residents during the event.
- Must have a Risk Management Plan for the road closure.
- Note that in the event of a traffic incident or emergency, the Police will take control of all traffic and pedestrian arrangements.
- If the closure is on a bus route, the applicant must notify the State Transit Authority before each road closure and pay any associated costs for rerouting services and/or moving bus stops during each closure.
- Must advise car share operators of the approved closure 7 days before the road is closed if a car share parking bay is located in the street.
- Must not block a driveway or access to any premises unless a written approval from the owner/occupants is first obtained.
- The City reserves the right to revoke this road closure approval at any time without any compensation to the applicant.
Last updated: Wednesday, 27 August 2014