Less grunt more grant
There has never been a better time to apply for a grant with the City. We’ve overhauled the way our programs are structured, cut down the paperwork and moved the applications online.
Grants are now available for projects that fall into 4 categories – business, environment, cultural and community. Our new program aims to strengthen Sydney’s competiveness, improve productivity and capacity, and promote business opportunities.
Business improvement grants
The business improvement grant provides matched funds to business and property owners to undertake visual improvements to their shopfronts and facades, or to run acoustic audits if they are considering programming live music.
Matched funding of up to $10,000 is available for shopfront improvement in priority precincts and up to $5,000 is offered for acoustic audits.
Village business grants
The village business grant provides funds for projects that revitalise and enhance local commercial and retail precincts, build capacity in business operators, strengthen local business networks, and enhance diversity, precinct brand and character of place.
Commercial creative and business events
The commercial creative and business event program provides support for events that deliver significant economic benefits to local business communities and residents. This applies to major creative events, as well as national and international business meetings, conventions and exhibitions.
Other grants and sponsorships
Depending on the nature of your business or project, you may also consider applying for one of the following:
- Innovation grants – support for new technologies or processes that may help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Cultural grant – for cultural and creative projects that align with our cultural policy.
- Matching grant – for grassroots and local projects that contribute to vibrant, sustainable communities.
- Knowledge exchange sponsorship – for events that promote the sustainable development of cities, programs that mentor new businesses, networking events, tools to communicate knowledge within social, cultural, green and business industries and programs that build skills in businesses and non-profits.
- Accommodation grant – lease a City space at a reduced rate.
- Quick response grant – for small-scale initiatives for local residents and organisations, focusing on people selected to participate in sporting, academic, cultural and environmental initiatives, but who are experiencing financial difficulties – as well as emergency support for community, cultural and sustainability projects.
- Ratings and assessment grant – for organisations looking to undertake energy ratings for the first time.
How to apply
Follow the links to decide which program/s is best suited to you. Make sure you read the grants and sponsorships policy and guidelines, our assessment criteria and key dates, then apply online.
If you have any questions, get in touch with our grants team:
02 9265 email@example.com.
Supporting local businesses
To support local business, the City of Sydney offers a range of grants and sponsorships.
The City’s grants and sponsorship program aims to strengthen Sydney’s competiveness, improve productivity and capacity, and promote business opportunities.
The City is committed to being a globally competitive and innovative city, and the premier place in Australia to live, work and visit. The City recognises that partnerships with government, business and the community are vital in achieving these goals.
Find out more about our business grants
More grants and sponsorships opportunities
Last updated: Monday, 2 February 2015