Better Buildings Partnership
BBP ‘Innovator of the Year’
The City-led Better Buildings Partnership has been named ‘Innovator of the Year’ at the 2014 Banksia Awards for environmental leadership and innovation. The award recognises the BBP’s best practice leasing model.
Green leadership for Sydney’s commercial and public buildings
A group of Sydney’s leading public, private and institutional landlords are working together to make the city’s buildings more sustainable.
Led by the City of Sydney, the partnership aims to address the challenges facing the commercial property sector and help Sydney become one of the world’s top sustainable cities. The collaboration aims to:
- Improve the energy, water and waste efficiency of buildings within the City of Sydney.
- Help facilitate the roll-out and connection to green infrastructure, such as the proposed trigeneration and recycled-water networks
- Engage with regulators and governments on key environmental policy and regulatory issues.
With the Better Buildings Partnership representing over half the office floor space across Sydney’s city centre, these commercial landlords have an important role to play in improving the energy, water and waste efficiency of Sydney’s existing buildings. The founding members are:
- AMP Capital Investors
- Brookfield Office Properties Australia
- Charter Hall
- City of Sydney
- Colonial First State
- DEXUS Property Group
- Frasers Property
- The GPT Group
- Investa Property Group
- Lend Lease
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Technology.
Last updated: Friday, 7 December 2012