New Sydney City region for business awards
City businesses and emerging entrepreneurs will have the chance to raise their profile, expand their network and showcase their talents on a state-wide stage with a new City of Sydney-sponsored awards program.
The City has joined forces with the NSW Business Chamber to create a new Sydney City region in the chamber’s prestigious annual Business Awards, which recognise outstanding business achievement across the state.
The winners of the regional awards, to be held at Sydney Town Hall in July, will go on to the state finals in November. The City is also sponsoring the state-wide award for Excellence in Small Business.
Nominations will be open from 30 April 2015.
In the meantime, for more information, please contact Tina Lonergan:
firstname.lastname@example.org 02 9265 9598
Regional award categories
Entries for the 2015 Sydney City regional awards will open in April across 10 categories:
- Excellence in Innovation – for businesses that have made significant contributions to their industry through the introduction or improvement of an idea, method, technology, process or application.
- Excellence in Sustainability – for businesses working to reduce the impact of their operations on the environment or provide products and services that have positive environmental outcomes.
- Employer of Choice – for businesses that have put in place strategies and initiatives to create stimulating and supportive workplace environments for their employees.
- Excellence in Business Ethics – for outstanding business people who have achieved business success while acting in an ethically responsible way.
- Excellence in Small Business – for businesses with less than 20 employees that have attained significant and sustainable growth in the 2014/15 financial year.
- Young Entrepreneur – for inspirational young business people who have built a successful business through their own commitment and passion.
- Young Business Executive – for young business people who have achieved outstanding results in a business environment.
- Business Leaders Award – for business people and professionals who have provided inspiration to a new generation of upcoming business leaders.
- Excellence in Export – for businesses that are forging a strong reputation for Australian products and services in international markets.
- Business of the Year – this award takes into account all other categories and is awarded to a company considered an ‘all-rounder’, with superior performance in all aspects.
Last updated: Tuesday, 14 April 2015