Don't miss your chance to raise your profile, expand your network and showcase talent within your business.
The 2015 NSW Business Chamber Awards are now open for nominations until 12 June.Enter now
Nominations now open
This year, the City has joined forces with the NSW Business Chamber to create a new Sydney City region in the chamber’s prestigious annual Business Awards, which recognise outstanding business achievement across NSW.
As sponsor of the Excellence in Small Business category, the City encourages businesses to also enter all other categories in the program, listed below.
Nominations are now open and entry is subject to the NSW Business Chamber’s membership terms and conditions. Initial entry is through a local chamber of commerce, aligned with the NSW Business Chamber.
||30 April–12 June
Sydney City Region Annual Awards
Lower Town Hall
|Thursday 23 July 2015
NSW State Awards
|Friday 27 November 2015|
The City Business Team is here to help advise you on the entry process and to outline the program.
So give your business, or a business you love, the chance to really shine!
For more information, please contact:
City of Sydney
02 9265 9598 email@example.com
Regional award categories
The 2015 NSW Business Chamber Business Awards will be awarding outstanding business people and businesses in the categories listed below:
- Young Business Executive (Age 18-35) – recognises an inspirational young professional aged between 18-35 years who has built a successful career with an organisation.
- Young Entrepreneur (Age 18-35) – recognises an inspirational young person aged between 18-35 years who, through their own commitment and passion, has built and operates a successful business. This award recognises young business leaders who demonstrate outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, strategic direction and innovative ideas while providing inspiration to a new generation of upcoming young business people.
- Business Leader (Age 36+) – recognises the positive contribution made to business by business people and professionals. The award recognises those who demonstrate outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, strategic business direction and innovative ideas, while providing inspiration to a new generation of upcoming business leaders.
- Excellence in Business Ethics – recognises an outstanding business that has been able to achieve business success while acting in an ethically responsible way.
- Excellence in Innovation – recognises a business that has achieved measurable success and made significant contributions to their industry through the introduction or improvement of an idea, method, technology, process or application.
- Excellence in Sustainability* – recognises businesses that are working to reduce the impact of their operations on the environment and/or provide products and services that have positive environmental outcomes.
*Where sustainability is your core business, you must enter this category based on sustainable initiatives and projects within your business, not related to your core offering.
- Excellence in Small Business (for businesses employing less than 20 employees*) – recognises a business (employing less than 20 employees) that has attained significant growth and is able to demonstrate the specific strategies and processes implemented to achieve sustainable growth in the previous 24 months.
*This includes all employees on payroll in Australia such as contractors, casuals and labour hire staff.
- Excellence in Business (for businesses employing 20 or more employees*) – recognises a business that has attained significant growth and is able to demonstrate the specific strategies and processes implemented to achieve sustainable growth over the previous 24 months.
*This includes all employees on payroll in Australia such as contractors, casual and labour hire staff.
- Employer of Choice – recognises excellence in HR and WHS initiatives and programs that provide a stimulating and supportive workplace for the benefit of the organisation and employee. Programs include employee education, training and development, as well as employee performance, remuneration, recognition and reward initiatives.
- Excellence in Export – recognises the successes of a business that is forging a strong reputation for Australian products and services in international markets.
- Local Chamber of Commerce* – recognises the achievements of a local chamber in supporting their members to maximise their business potential.
*To enter into this award category, local chambers must be part of the NSW Business Chamber local chamber alliance program
- NSW Business Chamber Regional Business of the Year – takes into account all business award categories and is awarded to a business considered an all-rounder with superior performance in all aspects. Please note that entrants cannot directly nominate for this award. The winner of this award is selected from the regional category winners.
Subscribe to City Business e-news
Stay informed on grants and sponsorships, awards programs and educational seminars, as well as the City's strategies for our business sectors.
Last updated: Wednesday, 17 June 2015