The Recruitment Alternative's top honour
Redfern’s The Recruitment Alternative has taken joint top honour in the Excellence in Small Business category as part of the NSW Business Chamber 2014 awards.
The category is sponsored by the City Of Sydney and recognises small companies that have attained significant growth and success.
The company was the joint winner with Gallop Solutions, which is based in Leichhardt.
City of Sydney-based regional winners joining The Recruitment Alternative are:
- Vision Personal Training, Darlinghurst (Young Entrepreneur - Dean Williams)
- Opal Minded, The Rocks (Business Leader - Renata Bernard, joint winner with Mark Bishop, Ocular Robotics, Hurstville)
- Suzy's Spoon Vegetarian Butcher, Newtown (Excellence in Innovation)
- Redback Conferencing, Sydney (Employer of Choice)
- Australian Doula College, Rosebery (Excellence in Business Ethics)
- AccessEAP, Sydney (Excellence in Business)
- Plum, Rosebery (Excellence in Export)
- Newtown Precinct Business Association and South Sydney Business Chamber (joint winners - Local Chamber of Commerce)
The Recruitment Alternative founder and award winner Michael Spiropoulos.
Michael Spiropoulos, who founded The Recruitment Alternative seven years ago in his spare room, said he was delighted that his hard work and innovation had been recognised.
“This award gives us credibility and respectability in a competitive industry. I want to thank the City of Sydney for supporting small business and sponsoring this award. It’s hugely important that small businesses be recognised for the contribution they make to the economy and the community."
In 2014, the City of Sydney is proudly sponsoring the Excellence in Small Business category as part of the NSW Business Chamber Business Awards.
The category is one of 12 in the 2014 awards and the nominations recognise the vital role small businesses play in the local economy.
The 8 south east Sydney award winners listed above will ultimately seek to succeed in the NSW Business Chamber state awards on 28 November.
The City of Sydney wishes them all the very best of luck.
Main image: Lord Mayor Clover Moore and finalists in the NSW Business Chamber Sydney South East Regional Awards.
Last updated: Thursday, 31 July 2014