Springboard Australia 2016
Business leaders participate in 2016 accelerator
10 business leaders from across the country are participating in the nation's fourth accelerator program exclusively for women entrepreneurs.
Springboard Enterprises Australia is a global not-for-profit organisation where entrepreneurs, investors and industry experts meet to build great women-led businesses.
The accelerator program is designed to prepare women-led companies for growth and connect them to high-value networks of investors and expertise in Australia and globally. Companies that are selected to take part must:
- have a woman in a senior position with a significant equity stake
- demonstrate a qualified and profitable market opportunity
- have a track record of milestone achievement
- a credible management team or ability to attract one
- be based in or have significant operations in Australia.
Participants in this year’s program include:
- Renee Welsh – Booking Boss
- Catherine Resnick – Kinchip Systems
- Jenny O'Neill – EpiSoft
- Anne Moore – PlanDo
- Julie Bray – Konnective
- Kimberley Turner – Aerosafe
- Tania Walter – Observr
- Lucy Lloyd – Mentorloop
- Tori Bowman – Social.Folio
- Michelle Ridgway – Victus Health.
The accelerator program was launched in Australia in 2013 and has since supported 26 businesses, with a high proportion from Sydney, including graphic design website Canva and energy management software company Switch Automation. Of these companies, 65% have successfully raised investment capita with over $64 million raised and over 33% have a presence in US and UK markets.
The City has supported Springboard Enterprises Australia since then as part of our economic development strategy and tech startups action plan to encourage women entrepreneurs, help strengthen the Sydney economy and support business.
Main image: Lord Mayor Clover Moore with Springboard accelerator 2016 participants.
Last updated: Tuesday, 28 June 2016