More help for business
Working with partners to support business
The City of Sydney is committed to creating a globally competitive and innovative business environment. Our specialist staff work with sectors and industries throughout the City to create prosperous relationships and build opportunities for small to medium-sized businesses.
We work alongside a number of state and federal government partners and private sector organisations to support businesses in the local area.
The organisations listed below provide a wide range of support and resources for businesses of all sizes.
A selection of online resources are available at the end of the page.
State Government bodies
Helps companies at all stages of their development.1300 134 359
Advises business and traders on fair and ethical practice.13 32 20
For people starting, running or growing a small business.
1300 795 534
Federal Government bodies
Helps with doing business outside of Australia.13 28 78
Provides convenient access to all Australian government information, transactions and services.1800 777 275
Services to support creative businesses of all sizes.02 8217 5000
Provides a wide range of employment, business and community assistance.1300 363 079
Provides advice and assistance programs with links to further information.13 28 46
Provides an overview of legal issues and links to other organisations.13 28 46
Independent organisations and associations
Represents Australia’s largest retailers.02 8249 4520
Represents independent and national retailers.1300 368 041
Connects business to information, networking and advice.13 26 96
Lobbies all 3 tiers of government on behalf of the business community.1300 137 153
Represents small independent retailers.1300 721 730
The City of Sydney Library network gives members free access to a number of resources for businesses of all kinds. Library membership is free for NSW residents.
To access these resources, enter your library card number without spaces when prompted.
Resources available include:
- Business Book Summaries: The top 1,000 business books from the past 20 years are listed with new summaries added continuously. Audio versions are also available.
- Business Journals ABI/Inform Global: Read periodicals such as Time (N.Y. 1992+), Fortune (1992+) and more.
- Business Source Complete: Full-text journals covering all business disciplines including marketing, management, case studies, SWOT analyses and more.
- Greenfile: Information to help you boost the sustainability of your business.
- Harvard Business Review: Key business and management journal.
Last updated: Monday, 15 September 2014