For all occasions
We have a great variety of community venues available for hire. They include rooms, halls and auditoriums that are suitable for either community meetings, conferences, functions or weddings.
Please note that we require 2 weeks' notice to make a booking at an unstaffed community venue.
All parties who hire City facilities must have $10 million public liability insurance coverage. Proof of such coverage is required before your booking can be confirmed.
Individuals and small community groups that do not have public liability insurance may be eligible to apply for cover under the City of Sydney's community engagement liability policy at the following rates:
- level 1 – venue booking fees under $400 excluding GST: $25 per booking
- level 2 – venue booking fees between $400 and $1,600 excluding GST: $100 per booking
- level 3 – venue booking fees over $1,600 excluding GST: $200 per booking.
Our community venues staff can advise the process involved to apply for coverage under the City's policy. We ask that all venue hirers read and understand the City's conditions of hire, which covers:
- cancellations and insurance
- access and use of the venue
- noise controls and cleaning
- smoking and alcohol
- copyright and indemnity
- using electronic and multimedia devices
- catering and advertising
- parking, safety and other regulations.
For general enquiries and bookings, please contact:
02 9265 933302 9265 email@example.com
Except for bookings in Surry Hills and Ultimo, please refer to the contacts on those individual pages. You can also send a booking enquiry online for all other centres.
Last updated: Tuesday, 21 May 2013