1. Mary McDonald Centre
82 Bourke Street (Corner Charles Street)
Mary McDonald Centre
Suitable for meetings, gentle exercise groups, rehearsals and small functions. The centre is a modern facility available for hire Monday to Sunday from 7am to midnight.
The room is triangular-shaped, measuring approximately 314 square metres.
- dinner: 80 people
- cocktail party: 120 people
- theatre: 100 people.
Loading dock located at the front of the building.
- instant hot water (Zip system)
- 2 square tables (each seats 4 people)
- 8 trestle tables (each seats 6 people)
- 50 chairs
- 6 single-seater lounge chairs
- ceiling fans
- pool table
- public phone.
- Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area.
- Additional cleaning can be arranged.
- Some functions may require security.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Ground floor access at front entrance and the toilet is accessible.
Transport and parking
- Kings Cross station and the city centre are within walking distance.
- Bus route 311 stops on the corner of Cowper Wharf Road and Bourke Street.
- Buses along William Street stop near Bourke Street.
- Limited 2-hour parking.
- The Domain parking station is nearby.
Standard room hire fees
- standard rate: $42 per hour
- self-help groups: $10.50 per hour
- local community/not-for-profit organisations: $21 per hour
- day rate (9am to 5pm only): $252 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $420 per day
- elections: $1,000 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50 per cent discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
- cleaning fee: $53.50 per hour
- security fee: quotation available on request
- room set-up fee: quotation available on request
- portable PA hire: $250 security deposit per booking
- commercial sales surcharge: booking fee + 25 per cent
- wedding surcharge: booking fee + 10 per cent.
For more information please contact:
Community Venues Unit
02 9265 9333
Last updated: Tuesday, 14 May 2013