St Helen's Community Centre
To use the services and facilities at the St Helen’s Community Centre, City of Sydney residents must become a member. It costs a small fee that is reviewed each year. Contact the centre directly to enquire about membership.
The centre is accessible, air-conditioned, it has an accessible toilet, a garden area and a meeting room is available for use. It is located next door to Glebe Library and many other services are nearby. Several bus routes stop near the centre.
The centre is also available for hire outside its usual operating hours.
Services and activities
The centre has a range of services available to its members, including:
- air-conditioned bus transport for some activities
- free computer, internet and Wi-Fi use (next door at Glebe library)
- affordable lunches (Mondays and Thursdays)
- advocacy and support services from the centre's community worker (Mondays and Thursdays)
- shopping bus referrals
- basic podiatry clinic at Redfern (transport provided)
- Private podiatry clinic on Fridays*
- Meals on Wheels.
*Contact Feet First for more information on 02 9568 4573.
A variety of recreation activities are organised at the centre, including:
- aqua fitness classes at Cook + Phillip Park Pool and the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre
- book club
- fishing trips
- GOLD program activities
- ‘Fitter and Stronger’ exercise classes
- ‘Sit to Fit’ exercise classes
- information sessions
- monthly walking group
- full- and half-day bus trips
- Tai Chi
- discussion group: Sydney Realists
- University of the Third Age (U3A) courses.
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm.
The centre is closed on weekends and public holidays.
If the centre needs to close for a day due to staff training or illness, prior notice is given as soon as possible and alternative arrangements are made.
The centre may also be closed at times when the community worker is on a home visit or accompanying one of the centre’s activities.
To speak to the community worker (Mondays and Thursdays), please contact the centre to arrange an appointment.
St Helen's Community Centre184 Glebe Point Road
Glebe NSW 203702 9298 305002 8512 email@example.com
Last updated: Friday, 7 February 2014