Ron Williams Centre
To use the services and facilities at the Ron Williams Centre, City of Sydney residents must become a member. It costs a small fee that is reviewed each year. Contact the centre directly to enquire about membership.
The centre is air-conditioned and a laundry is available for use. The centre is also available for hire outside its usual operating hours.
Services and activities
The centre has a range of services available to its members, including:
- accessible and air-conditioned bus transport
- affordable lunches
- free computer, internet and Wi-Fi use
- advocacy and support services from the centre's community worker (Cantonese speaker available on request)
- shopping bus referrals
- basic podiatry clinic at Redfern (transport provided)
- Meals on Wheels.
A variety of recreation activities are organised at the centre, including:
- aqua fitness classes at Cook + Phillip Park Pool and the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre
- board games
- books to borrow, including some large-print titles
- English and Chinese daily newspapers
- English conversation classes for Chinese speakers
- fishing trips
- ‘Fitter and Stronger’ exercise classes
- GOLD program activities
- indoor bowls
- half- and full-day bus trips each month
- walking group
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm.
The centre is closed on weekends and public holidays.
If the centre needs to close for a day due to staff training or illness, prior notice is given as soon as possible and alternative arrangements are made. The centre's office may also be closed at times when the community worker is on a home visit or accompanying one of the centre’s activities.
To speak to the community worker, please contact the centre to arrange an appointment.
Ron Williams Centre5-11 Kepos Street
Redfern NSW 201602 9288 560102 8512 email@example.com
Last updated: Friday, 7 February 2014