Brown Street Community Hall
Community venue in Newtown
Suitable for small community meetings, training courses and discussion groups. The hall is located behind Newtown Library featuring carpeted floor and a kitchenette.
It is available for hire 7 days per week from 7am to midnight.
Venue hire information
The hall is 14.5 metres by 9 metres.
Theatre: 80 people.
- instant hot water (Zip system).
- 10 tables (each seats 8 people)
- 90 chairs
Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area and adjacent to the local library.
A wheelchair lift and an accessible toilet are available.
Transport and parking
- Macdonaldtown, Newtown and Erskineville train stations are within walking distance.
- Bus routes 352, 370, 422, 423, 426 and 428 stop on King Street, near Hordern Street.
- Limited 2-hour parking.
Small hall hire fees
- weekdays until 5pm: $43.75 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and public holidays: $62 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $262.50 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $620 per day
- elections: $1,140 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable) $500
- key deposit (fully refundable) $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Wednesday, 1 July 2015