Joseph Sargeant Centre
Community venue for hire in Erskineville
Suitable for small functions, children's parties and community meetings. The centre features a domestic-style kitchen, direct access to the courtyard, children's soft-fall playground, and half-court basketball or tennis.
It is available for hire 7 days per week from 7am to midnight.
Venue hire information
The room is 12 metres by 6 metres.
- cocktail party: 60 people
- theatre: 50 people.
Play area and half-court basketball.
- domestic oven
- cook top
- 4 trestle tables (each seats 8 people)
- 20 children’s chairs
- 50 adult chairs
- children’s outdoor play equipment.
- Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area.
- Additional cleaning can be arranged.
- Some functions may need security.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Wheelchair access is available through the side gate to the courtyard.
Transport and parking
- Erskineville and Newtown train stations are within walking distance.
- Bus route 355 stops on Erskineville Road, near Prospect Street.
- Bus routes 422, 423, 426 and 428 stop on King Street, near Erskineville Road.
- Limited 2-hour parking.
Standard room hire fees
- weekdays until 5pm: $42 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and on public holidays: $46 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $252 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $460 per day
- election surcharge: $1,140 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Friday, 1 July 2016