Surry Hills Community Centre
Community venue in Surry Hills
The first floor function hall, the Enid Cook Room, is part of the Surry Hills Library and Community Centre. The hall can be divided into 2 separate rooms and it can accommodate up to 100 people in theatre style.
It is available for hire 7 days per week from 8am to midnight.
Contacts405 Crown Street
Surry Hills NSW 201002 9356 firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue for hire information
The room is 15 metres by 7 metres.
- theatre: 100 people
- seated: 80 people.
- Non-smoking outdoor verandah.
- 100 chairs
- audio-visual (AV) equipment.
- The venue is accessible by lift.
Transport and parking
- Central station is within walking distance.
- Bus route 301 stops at Crown Street, near Foveaux Street.
- Bus routes 339, 374, 376 and 391 stop at Albion Street, near Crown Street.
- U-rails for 14 bicycles.
- Metered on-street parking.
- weekdays from 8am to 5pm: $50 per hour
- Sunday to Wednesday from 5pm to midnight: $100 per hour
- Thursday to Saturday from 5pm to midnight: $200 per hour
- standard security deposit (fully refundable): $500
- community/not-for-profit security deposit (fully refundable): $100.
A security deposit exemption may be available on request.
To make a booking contact:
Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre
02 9356 email@example.com
Commercial and community fees
- bump-in/bump-out: $30 per hour
- elections: $1,000 per election
- security staff for evening bookings, commercial only: $70 per hour.
- weekdays from 8am to 5pm: $25 per hour
- Sunday to Wednesday from 5pm to midnight: $25 per hour
- Thursday to Saturday from 5pm to midnight: $50 per hour.
Last updated: Friday, 1 July 2016