Betty Makin Youth Awards
Nominations now open
The Betty Makin Youth Awards celebrate the positive contributions of young people as well as the people who work with them in the City of Sydney's local area. In 2016, 3 new worker awards have been introduced:
- Hall of Fame
- Rookie of the Year
- Outstanding Partnership of the Year.
These 3 new awards add to the 5 x $500 youth scholarship awards, which are awarded in the following categories to young people aged 12–24:
- Culturally aware: Individual or group that has significantly contributed to cultural life in their communities and promoted the value of diversity.
- Resilient: Individual or group that has accomplished great success while facing personal challenges and displayed resilience and perseverance.
- Creative: Individual or group that has made a significant contribution to the community through drama, visual arts, digital media, literature, music and/or other art forms.
- Caring: Individual or group that has volunteered their time and resources to promote and participate in working within community, animal welfare, sustainability and/or environmental conservation.
- Community-minded: Individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution to the local community, and has been a positive or inspirational role model.
Nominations close on Friday 11 March 2016. You can nominate a worker or young person with these online forms:
The awards will be presented on 12 April 2016 during Youth Week in the City.
Main image: Deputy Lord Mayor the late Councillor Robyn Kemmis presented the awards in 2015.
For more information about nominating a group or an individual for an award, please contact:
Youth Team Leader
02 9512 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Monday, 8 February 2016