Betty Makin Youth Awards
Youth Week in the City 2014
A major part of Youth Week is recognising the positive contributions made by young people and the community that supports them, which is celebrated with the Betty Makin Youth Awards in 3 categories:
- individual/group award
- youth worker award
- police award.
The awards night includes exciting scholarship announcements, trophy presentations for the award winners recognising their efforts and young performers entertaining the audience.
An individual from each of the following 3 sub-categories will receive a $500 scholarship and 2 groups will each receive a $500 scholarship:
- contribution to the community
- environmental sustainability initiative
- creativity, arts and culture.
This award is limited to commissioned officers within the City of Sydney’s 7 local area commands: City Central, The Rocks, Surry Hills, Kings Cross, Redfern, Newtown and Glebe.
Youth worker award
This award is open to paid workers and volunteers who have demonstrated commitment to:
- the development of projects or services for young people in the local area
- the development of a particular program or service
- an active long-term commitment to 1 or more services for young people in the local area.
Tuesday, 8 April 2014 from 6pm to 9pm
Redfern Town Hall
Level 1, 73 Pitt Street
Redfern NSW 2016
Betty Makin Awards Coordinator
City of Sydney Youth Services
GPO Box 1591
Sydney NSW 2000
Main image: 2013 Betty Makin Youth Award winners
Last updated: Wednesday, 5 March 2014