What we do
We aim to make Sydney an inclusive and accessible city for everyone.
We endeavour to make the physical components of the city accessible and provide social and economic opportunities for people with disability to enable full participation in city life.
Our plan of action
The City of Sydney has a new Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan 2014–2017.
The new plan has been developed in consultation with the City’s Inclusion (Disability) Advisory Panel, building on the progress made from previous plans to improve inclusion and access across the City. The action plan sets out a vision where:
- the city is accessible and inclusive for everyone
- all visitors to the City of Sydney are welcome
- everyone can work and live in the city
- City information is accessible for everyone
- everyone can have a say
- city life is accessible and inclusive for everyone.
In 2012 we called for expressions of interest from people who can provide the City with expert advice on improving inclusion for people with disability.
We received 59 applications of an exceptionally high quality and sought independent advice from the chair of the Disability Council of NSW.
The 10 members were selected for what their combined talents bring to the panel. More than half have direct experience with disability issues, either personally or through a caring and support role. The panel meets at least 5 times a year, which has been appointed for a 2-year term.
Find out more about each member of the Inclusion (Disability) Advisory Panel.
We would love to hear from you. If you have a suggestion or would like more information about services and programs for people with disability, please complete our suggestion box form.
02 9265 email@example.com
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service.
- TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 02 9265 9333
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 02 9265 9333
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 02 9265 9333
- video relay users choose the available NRS video relay on Skype and ask for 02 9265 9333
- SMS relay users phone 0423 677 767 and ask for 02 9265 9333
|Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan 2014–2017||PDF 1.3 MB||Download|
|Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan: E-text version||Word 131.0 KB||Download|
|Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan: Easy Read version||PDF 1.9 MB||Download|
Please note: The City of Sydney holds the original hard copy of the Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan 2014–2017. Electronic copies of this document may be corrupted or varied, without the City's knowledge or permission during and after transmission. At all times the original hard copy will remain the final reference point for the text of the Inclusion (Disability) Action Plan 2014–2017.
Last updated: Tuesday, 27 January 2015