Round 2 applications open 1 August
Applications for round 2 open on 1 August 2014 and close at 5pm on 29 August 2014.
Projects for these applications will run between 1 December 2014 and 30 November 2015.
The City of Sydney sponsors a wide variety of projects and initiatives. Priority is given to activities that help support Sustainable Sydney 2030.
The environmental grants program provides funding opportunities for funding in excess of $5000 to support projects that provide a clear environmental benefit to the City’s communities by:
- delivering services
- supporting activities or resources that directly result in environmental improvements
- developing knowledge, skills and confidence in the community to encourage environmental improvements within the local area.
The program aims to encourage the development or provision of community-based environmental services and programs. The goal is to deliver clear benefits to the City’s communities and address one of the following environmental priority needs:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency and uptake of renewable energy
- avoid the production of waste and increasing rates of resource reuse and recycling
- improve water and storm-water quality, increasing water conservation and recycling
- improve urban ecology, biodiversity and habitat
- increase access to local food production and community gardens
- improve the environmental performance of the urban landscape through initiatives such as green roofs and walls
- increase uptake of active transport through initiatives that promote and enable cycling and walking
- reduce environmental footprints through environmental education and engagement activities.
Applications to the Environmental Grants Program are invited twice a year.
To see examples of City of Sydney Environmental Grants in action, read our great grant stories.
How to apply
All applications are assessed against the grant criteria and in accordance with the City's grants and sponsorships policy.
Before you get started, get in touch with us to make sure your project is eligible. The grants team are very happy to provide advice and support to all grants applicants but we cannot proof read draft applications.
Come along to our daytime or evening drop-in session to discuss your project ideas:
For more information about this program, please contact:
The Grants Team
02 9265 9333 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Grants and sponsorship policy||PDF 653.3 KB||Download|
|Environmental grants guidelines 2014/15||PDF 349.7 KB||Download|
|Envrionmental grants guidelines 2014/15||Word 95.4 KB||Download|
|Successful 2013/14 environmental grants: Round 2||Word 16.4 KB||Download|
|Environmental grants - Project outcomes and measures||Word 18.4 KB||Download|
|Environmental grants - Budget example||Word 21.2 KB||Download|
Last updated: Tuesday, 15 July 2014