Eligibility and exclusions
Grants and sponsorships requirements
Each grant program is subject to specific eligibilities and exclusions. For more information, please refer to the program pages and refer to the City of Sydney's grants and sponsorships policy (download below).
The general eligibilities and exclusions listed below are applicable to all of the City's grants and sponsorships programs.
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- acquit previous City grants and have no outstanding debts to the City
- include all required supporting documentation.
General exclusions and ineligibility
The City does not provide grants and sponsorships for:
- projects that duplicate existing services and programs
- projects that do not meet identified priority needs of the City's local area
- projects that directly contravene existing City policies
- general donations to charities*
- waiver of fees including those for development applications, health inspection fees, health approvals and section 68 approvals
- previous grant recipients who have not fulfilled the conditions of the particular grant.
* The City may provide grants to specific projects run by charities where they meet the criteria.
The City will not provide in-house design, printing and distribution services. However, organisations may apply for funding to undertake these activities themselves.
The City will not provide cleansing and waste services for events. However, organisations may apply for cash funding to undertake these activities themselves.
Support will not be given to overtly political activities or activities that could be perceived as benefiting a political party or political campaign.
Support will not be given for overtly religious activities that could be perceived as divisive within the community.
It should be noted that the City may approve grants and sponsorships outside this policy as it sees fit, and that nothing in this policy will prevent Council giving small gifts to organisations from time to time, nor providing support for civic functions or one-off unpredicted events.
These exclusions do not cover corporate sponsorship received by the City.
Last updated: Monday, 21 December 2015