Building operations grants
Register for a Q&A meeting on 6 December.
Closes 5pm 3 January.
To find out more and to apply, contact the grants team on 02 9265 9333.
Building operations grants
Building operations funding aims to improve the environmental performance of buildings by lowering the costs and mitigating the barriers of implementing building operations efficiency measures.
Funding provides support for environmental solutions to reduce energy and water consumption, or reduce waste in buildings and facilities. Solutions include technology upgrades and the retrofit of efficiency fixtures and fittings.
Please see the grants and sponsorship guidelines for expected program outcomes, assessment criteria, and eligibility.
The City will determine funding stream priorities each year. Funding is currently focusing on water consumption and is available for:
- Water sub-metering for residential apartment buildings – funds up to $10,000 per building for:
- installation of a monitoring device on the main meter to track whole of building water use
- installation of monitoring devices to track usage such as tenant water use, pool equipment and cooling towers.
- Water efficiency upgrades for residential apartment buildings – funds of up to $10,000 per building to improve water efficiency in individual apartments by upgrading to more efficient showers and taps. Priority will be given to applications where greater levels of unit participation is evident.
- Water sub‐metering for cooling towers in non‐residential buildings – funds up to $5000, to cover up to 50% of installation costs per building for the installation of sub meters and associated monitoring equipment on cooling towers.
For more information about this program or how to apply, please contact:
Grants team02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Grant round||Applications open||Applications close||Project timeframe|
|Round 4||28 November 2016||5pm 3 January 2017||1 April 2017–31 March 2018|
The 2017 grants calendar will be released by mid-January. Please check this website then for further information and ensure you subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.
|Grants and sponsorship policy||PDF 1.9 MB||Download|
|Grants and sponsorship program guidelines 2016||PDF 686.9 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – building operations grant (non-residential building)||PDF 96.6 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – building operations grant (non-residential building)||Word 18.6 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – building operations grant (residential building)||PDF 357.4 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – building operations grant (residential building)||Word 21.1 KB||Download|
|Previously funded applications: 2016/17||PDF 125.5 KB||Download|
Last updated: Monday, 28 November 2016