Ratings and assessment grants
For the next round see the key dates below.
To find out more contact the grants team on 02 9265 9333.
Ratings and assessment grants
Ratings and assessment funding supports organisations to undertake energy ratings and audits for the first time. The cost of first-year energy assessments can be a significant barrier to organisations, and this funding seeks to mitigate this cost.
Support is provided for credible industry accepted environmental performance ratings and energy audits.
Please see the grants and sponsorship guidelines for expected program outcomes, assessment criteria and eligibility.
Successful applicants must commit to implement cost-effective opportunities identified as outlined in the guidelines.
Funding is provided for credible industry accepted environmental performance ratings and is currently focusing on NABERS energy ratings and energy audits. Funding is currently available for:
NABERS energy and/or water ratings: Funds are available for works to be undertaken and developed by an accredited NABERS assessor –
- Year 1: the City will provide a maximum of $10,000 towards a NABERS energy or water rating and action plan.
- Year 2: the City will provide 50% of funds to a maximum of $5,000 towards a second NABERS energy or water rating and action plan.
- EarthCheck and/or Green Star Performance certification: Funds up to $10,000 are available for an EarthCheck or Green Star Performance certification and action plan.
- Energy audits: A maximum of $15,000 in funding is available for energy audits that adhere to Australian Standard AS3598.
- Grid connection feasibility study for mid-sized solar PV: A maximum of $15,000 in funding is available for grid connection feasibility studies to be undertaken by an Ausgrid accredited electrical engineer for solar PV systems between 30kW and 100kW.
- Water and/or energy assessments for residential apartments: Funds up to $10,000 are available to undertake a range of water and energy assessments that could include lighting assessments, technical investigations of plant and equipment, or whole building water and energy assessments.
If you have undertaken a rating, assessment or energy audit in the past 3 years, you can’t submit an application for the same type of project again. You may submit an application for another type of rating or audit.
For more information about this program or how to apply, please contact:
Grants team02 9265 email@example.com
|Grant round||Applications open||Applications close||Project timeframe|
|Round 1||8 February 2017||13 March 2017||1 August 2017–31 July 2018|
|Round 2||19 June 2017||24 July 2017||1 December 2017–30 November 2018
|Round 3||23 October 2017||20 November 2017||1 May 2018–30 April 2019|
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.
|Grants and sponsorship policy||PDF 1.9 MB||Download|
|Grants and sponsorship program guidelines 2017||PDF 929.1 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – ratings and assessment grant (non-residential building)||PDF 97.0 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – ratings and assessment grant (non-residential building)||Word 20.4 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – ratings and assessment grant (residential building)||PDF 355.0 KB||Download|
|Template: Demonstration of commitment – ratings and assessment grant (residential building)||Word 21.9 KB||Download|
|Energy audit scope of works example||PDF 205.2 KB||Download|
|Energy audit scope of works example||Word 133.3 KB||Download|
|Previously funded applications: 2016/17||PDF 125.5 KB||Download|
Last updated: Monday, 13 March 2017