Ratings and assessment
Ratings and assessment grants
Ratings and assessment funding supports organisations to undertake energy ratings and audits for the first time. The cost of first-year energy assessments can be a significant barrier to organisations, and this funding seeks to mitigate this cost.
Support is provided for credible industry accepted environmental performance ratings such as the National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) and energy audits that conform to the AS3598 standard. Successful applicants must commit to implement all cost-effective opportunities identified.
Please see the grants and sponsorship guidelines for expected program outcomes, assessment criteria and eligibility.
Funding is provided for credible industry accepted environmental performance ratings and is currently focusing on NABERS energy ratings and energy audits. Funding is currently available for:
- NABERS energy ratings – funds are available over 2 years for accredited ratings and an energy efficiency action plan to be undertaken and developed by an accredited NABERS assessor:
- In year one, the City will provide a maximum of $10,000 towards a NABERS energy rating and action plan. The grantee must implement half the value of the grant in energy efficient recommendations.
- In year two, the City will provide 50% of funds to a maximum of $5,000 towards a second NABERS Energy Rating and action plan. The grantee must implement at least half the value of the grant in energy efficient recommendations.
- Energy audits:
- A maximum of $12,000 in funding is available for energy audits that adhere to Australian Standard AS3598. The grantee must implement energy efficiency recommendations to the value of $15,000.
- Residential apartments water and/or energy assessments:
- Funds up to $10,000 are available to undertake a range of water and energy assessments that could include lighting assessments, technical investigations of plant and equipment, or whole building water and energy assessments. The grantee is expected to implement energy and water efficiency measures based on the outcomes of the assessment. This can be negotiated on a case by case basis.
If you have previously undertaken a NABERS rating assessment or energy audit, you cannot submit an application for the same type of rating or energy audit. You may submit an application for another type of NABERS rating. Applications received for the same type of NABERS rating or energy audit will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered.
Also, applications where a NABERS rating is required under mandatory disclosure will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered.
This grant program is open all year for applications until funds are exhausted.
For more information about this program or how to apply, please contact:
Grants team02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Thursday, 28 January 2016