Round 1 applications are now closed
Project timeframe 2014/15: 1 September 2014–31 August 2015
Thank you for your applications in the first round, which are being processed and assessed in the next few months. We will let you know the outcome of your application in August.
The City of Sydney sponsors a wide variety of projects and initiatives. Priority is given to activities that help support Sustainable Sydney 2030.
The Environmental Grants Program provides funding opportunities for funding over $5,000 to support projects that provide a clear environmental benefit to the City community by delivering services, activities or resources that result in direct environmental improvements and/or develop knowledge, skills and confidence in the community to encourage environmental improvement within the local area.
The program aims to encourage the development or provision of community-based environmental services and programs that deliver clear benefit to the City’s communities and addresses one of the following environmental priority needs:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency and uptake of renewable energy.
- Avoiding the production of waste and increasing rates of resource reuse and recycling.
- Improving water and storm water quality, increasing water conservation and recycling.
- Improving urban ecology, biodiversity and habitat.
- Increasing access to local food production and community gardens.
- Improving the environmental performance of the urban landscape through initiatives such as green roofs and walls.
- Increasing uptake of active transport through initiatives that promote and enable cycling and walking.
- Reducing environmental footprints through environmental education and engagement activities.
Applications for the Environmental Grants Program are invited twice a year.
General policy eligibility and exclusions apply.
How to apply
All applications are assessed against the grant criteria and in accordance with the City's grants and sponsorships policy.
Before you get started, get in touch with us to make sure your project is eligible. The grants team are very happy to provide advice and support to all grants applicants but we cannot proof read draft applications.
For more information about this program, please contact:
The Grants Team
02 9265 9333 email@example.com
|Grants and sponsorship policy||PDF 653.3 KB||Download|
|Environmental grants guidelines 2014/15||PDF 349.7 KB||Download|
|Envrionmental grants guidelines 2014/15||Word 95.4 KB||Download|
|Successful 2013/14 environmental grants: Round 2||Word 16.4 KB||Download|
|Sample budget: Environmental grants 2014/15||Word 20.8 KB||Download|
|Sample: Environmental grants - project outcomes and measures||Word 18.1 KB||Download|
Last updated: Wednesday, 9 April 2014