Making Sydney a safer place
Safe City is a multi-faceted program to address the safety and security issues of people who live, study, work or visit the local area. We work together with police, residents and community groups to address identified safety concerns.
The focus is on preventing crime and helping to make Sydney a safer place. Some of the work so far includes:
- developing agreements between police and licensed venues to reduce underage drinking and anti-social behaviour
- developing a syringe management strategy to improve drug safety
- increasing street safety cameras in known crime hotspots
- working with communites in City villages to resolve specific crime and safety concerns
- releasing educational campaigns to promote safety and enoucourage the reporting of crime.
Safe City's crime prevention campaigns have considerably reduced theft in the local area. The campaigns provide simple reminders to visitors, workers and residents in the local area to take precautions so their personal property is protected from opportunistic crime. The campaigns have addressed offences such as theft from individuals and motor vehicles.
You can order campaign materials using the Safe City resource order form. Campaign materials that are available include:
- business cards.
Good Neighbourhood BBQs
Each autumn and spring, the City of Sydney runs community barbecues in local parks to encourage people to meet their neighbours. They're fun, informal and friendly opportunities to share information about local issues, and students are very welcome to attend.
You will enjoy live music and entertainment, a free barbecue, and get to meet people from your local area. Visit the What's On website for more details.
Safe City02 9265 email@example.com
Last updated: Wednesday, 27 July 2016