Sydney Your Say
Our community engagement hub features the City’s current consultations and upcoming public forums. Share your feedback about our projects and policies.
Sydney Your Say
The City offers a range of opportunities for residents, workers, community groups, business, government and industry stakeholders to share ideas, insight and feedback on our projects and policies to help inform Council decisions. You can take part at:
- workshops and community meetings
- stakeholder meetings and roundtables
- online consultations at Sydney Your Say
- community reference groups
- advisory panels
- drop-in sessions
- school workshops
- doorknocking and notification.
Consultation and engagement outcomes are collated, analysed and considered along with other input and technical, financial or legislative requirements as a key part of Council's decision-making process.
The following principles guide our approach to engaging the community in decision-making:
- Integrity: Engagement should be clear in scope and purpose.
- Inclusiveness: Engagement should be accessible and capture a full range of values and perspectives.
- Dialogue: Engagement should promote dialogue and open up genuine discussion.
- Influence: The community should be able to see and understand the impact of their involvement in consultations that the City conducts.
More information is available for download below in the City’s Community Engagement Strategy.
Visit our online consultation hub at Sydney Your Say where you can register for regular updates.
Consultations in progress
Senior Community Engagement Coordinator02 9246 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Friday, 31 January 2014