Sydney Your Say
The City offers a range of opportunities for residents, workers, community groups, business, government and industry stakeholders to share their ideas, insight and feedback on projects and policies to help inform Council decisions.
Community members can participate in a range of consultation activities including:
- Workshops and community meetings
- Stakeholder meetings and roundtables
- Online consultation at Sydney Your Say
- Community reference groups
- Advisory panels
- Drop-in sessions
- School workshops
- Doorknocking and notification.
The outcomes from community and stakeholder consultation and engagement are collated, analysed and considered along with other input and technical, financial or legislative requirements as a key part of the decision-making process of Council.
The following principles guide our approach to engaging the community in decision-making:
- Integrity: engagement should be clear in scope and purpose
- Inclusiveness: engagement should be accessible and capture a full range of values and perspectives
- Dialogue: engagement should promote dialogue and open up genuine discussion
- Influence: the community should be able to see and understand the impact of their involvement in consultation that the City conducts.
Visit our online consultation hub at Sydney Your Say to see the list of current consultations and upcoming events or to register for regular updates.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Tel: 02 9246 7398
Last updated: Tuesday, 21 May 2013