Our vision and values
Message from the CEO
Our people are our most important asset. They are central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city – and continuing to provide valued community services.
Our people are custodians of public trust and confidence.
In recognising this, we are committed to building a high performing culture built on the values of:
Our values guide us in how we work, interact with each other and make decisions. They help us deliver on the City of Sydney's purpose to ‘lead, govern and serve’.
Our managers and staff have played a key role in defining the behaviours that express and support our values. We are committed to providing a work environment where we can live the values in everything we do and help make the City an even better place to work.
Chief Executive Officer, City of Sydney.
The City's values
- We work cooperatively to achieve our goals.
- We build strong teams and effective partnerships.
- We share the challenges and successes of our work.
- We deal with difficult issues and make informed decisions.
- We respectfully address behaviours that conflict with our values.
- We take action to promote the City’s vision, even when this may be unpopular.
- We act in the best interests of the City, and treat people fairly and equitably.
- We are reliable, honest and ethical.
- We take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes.
- We foster, value and reward creative thinking.
- We invest in learning and share our knowledge.
- We lead through excellence.
- We produce quality work.
- We understand how we contribute to achieving the City’s results.
- We are committed to customer service, best practice and continual improvement.
- We listen, consider and value the views of others.
- We treat all people with courtesy.
- We communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds.
Last updated: Monday, 29 December 2014