What we offer
The City of Sydney believes that people are the key to our success. A range of initiatives and programs are available to encourage our people in the development of their skills and career. Here are some of the benefits we offer.
- Salaries that are consistently above the industry average.
- Employee assistance program (free, confidential and professional external counselling).
- Access to health promotion activities and programs.
- Free membership to the City’s network of public libraries.
- An active sports and social club providing benefits that include discounts to social functions and entertainment like plays, musicals and race days.
- Cultural diversity.
- City centre workplaces that are easily accessible by public transport.
Generous professional development programs
- Significant reimbursement of fees for further study under the City’s higher education scheme.
- Exam and study leave for approved courses of study.
- Access to nationally recognised education and training programs.
- Future leaders program.
- Service and recognition awards.
- Corporate development programs.
Flexible working provisions
- 19 day month (Flexible working arrangements policy).
- Generous leave provisions.
- 36 weeks (half pay) or 18 weeks (full pay) paid maternity leave.
- Paid paternity leave at time of birth and if primary care giver.
Last updated: Thursday, 2 April 2015