Looking after our City
Our Council Committees make decisions and recommendations for their delegated areas of responsibility. The 5 Committees are:
- Corporate, Finance, Properties and Tenders Committee
- Cultural and Community Committee
- Environment Committee
- Local Pedestrian, Cycling and Traffic Calming Committee
- Planning and Development Committee
Some of the committees defer matters to their sub-committtees.
Cultural and Community:
Planning and Development:
- Transport, Heritage and Planning
- Development Assessment
- Major Development Assessment.
Committee policies and procedures
- The structure and functions of Committees is standing policy of Council.
- All correspondence from, or to, all Committees, and Sub-Committees, shall be handled through normal Council processes. Correspondence to any Committee/Sub-Committee shall be tabled at the Committee meeting and placed on the relevant file. The contents of any outward correspondence, purporting to state the views of a Committee/Sub-Committee shall conform with existing Council policy and shall be circulated to Councillors via the CEO Update.
- All Committees and Sub-Committees shall be advisory to Council and have no independent role, except where specific authorities are delegated to them by Council.
- The quorum for each Committee shall be half of the members except where otherwise specified in this policy.
- Matters dealt with in Committee shall be submitted to Council without recommendation only when the chairperson so determines.
- The chairpersons of Standing Committees and Sub-Committees shall have a casting vote in the event of an equality of voting.