The Politics of Climate Change
Don’t miss European Commissioner for Climate Action, Connie Hedegaard, joined by some of Australia’s political leaders to reignite a national conversation about climate change.
Global issues, ideas and conversations
Sydney is a global city showing leadership on an international stage. CityTalks are our flagship series of events that engage key federal, state and local stakeholders on significant issues at the global, national and city level.
An international dialogue
We aim to inspire, inform, educate and engage the community in an international dialogue to realise our 2030 vision.
Our CityTalks are free events that feature high profile international or national keynote speakers and a discussion panel of local and international experts.
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the world wide web
- David Suzuki, award winning scientist, environmentalist and broadcaster
- Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize-winning economist
- Chris Anderson, curator of TED Conference
- David McWilliams, economist, author and broadcaster
- Paul Gilding, global authority in sustainability and former CEO of Greenpeace
- Jan Gehl, Danish architect and urban design consultant
CityTalks Sydney explores the major issues affecting local residents and our society.
The series focuses on enhancing dialogue and debate, as well as providing accessible and relevant information about City initiatives. This stimulating program reflects the goals of our Sydney 2030 plan, presenting ideas in a variety of formats and venues.
- Solving Sydney’s Housing Affordability Crisis – 12 March 2015
- A Tale of Three Cities: A journey of transformation – 22 October 2014
- Gigabytes and Giving Back: Using technology for social good – 13 October 2014
CityTalks Design brings professionals, leading international and local experts together to discuss and showcase design, built form and urban planning in Sydney.
Topics aim to inspire bold thinking and vision, covering local and international legacy projects, and the challenges facing design excellence in Sydney.
- Cultural Precinct Planning – 2 September 2014
- Density + Design: Creating value for global cities – 25 March 2014
- The 'M' Word: Music, Mentals, Mambo, Mombassa – 10 October 2013
Last updated: Wednesday, 29 July 2015