Non-residential register and rolls
Failed to vote?
If you have received a failure to vote letter, please phone the NSW Electoral Commission.
1300 135 736
What is the non-residential register and rolls?
- The register contains the details of people that are not residents of the City of Sydney but who may be entitled to vote as non-residents at future City of Sydney Local Government Elections.
- This includes owners, occupiers and rate-paying lessees of all rateable property within the City of Sydney Local Government Area who do not live in the City of Sydney Local Government Area. This includes people and nominees of corporations.
- The register contains the name, address, date of birth, gender and other details as required in order to determine who has an entitlement to vote.
- The register is maintained by the City of Sydney. At election time, 2 rolls are created from the register and provided to the New South Wales Electoral Commission for verification – one containing non-residential owners of rateable property and the other containing non-residential occupiers and rate-paying lessees of rateable property.
Why does the register exist?
Changes to the City of Sydney Act 1988 by the New South Wales Government have made it compulsory for the City of Sydney to establish and maintain a register of all those who may be entitled to vote as non-residents in City of Sydney local government elections.
When is the register being prepared?
The non-residential register is currently being prepared from the information that owners, occupiers and rate-paying lessees provide us.
Why is the City of Sydney doing this?
The City of Sydney is working to ensure:
- the non-residential enrolment process and maintenance of the rolls is fair and transparent
- it complies with the City of Sydney Act 1988.
If you are an Australian citizen and you:
- own, occupy or lease property in the City of Sydney Local Government Area, or
- operate a business in the City of Sydney Local Government Area, or
- occasionally live in the City of Sydney Local Government Area but your main residence is elsewhere
- live outside the City of Sydney Local Government Area
Then you may be required to provide your details for the non-residential register and you may be eligible to vote at future City of Sydney elections.
You can download community language translations about the non-residential and business register.
Update your details
How do I find further information about the September 2016 local government election?
For further information, visit Vote NSW.
Electoral register and rolls methodology and program plan
In August 2015 Council unanimously endorsed a detailed methodology and program plan to guide the development of the non-residential register and roll.
A total of 22,972 non-residential voters have been verified by the NSW Electoral Commission to vote at the 2016 City of Sydney election held on 10 September 2016.
Our fact sheet provides information about the non-residential register and rolls results and outcomes.
If you have trouble viewing the video above, you can try viewing it here.
Non-residential registration forms
You can download forms A, B, C, D, E, F and G below.
If you have any problems downloading the forms, please email our Customer Service team:
Please note: If you are required to attach documentation with your form, it needs to be a certified copy of the original documents.
|Council report: Non-residential electoral register and rolls methodology and program plan||PDF 108.4 KB||Download|
|Non-residential register and rolls: Business requirements||PDF 1.1 MB||Download|
|Non-residential register and rolls: Methodology and program plan||PDF 898.5 KB||Download|
|PwC letter: 27 July 2015||PDF 667.0 KB||Download|
|Fact sheet||Word 510.6 KB||Download|
|لعربية | Arabic||Word 35.8 KB||Download|
|简体中文 | Chinese (simplified)||Word 32.8 KB||Download|
|繁體中文 | Chinese (traditional)||Word 35.8 KB||Download|
|Français | French||Word 35.4 KB||Download|
|Bahasa Indonesia | Indonesian||Word 34.1 KB||Download|
|한국어 | Korean||Word 37.5 KB||Download|
|Русский | Russian||Word 35.9 KB||Download|
|Español | Spanish||Word 35.1 KB||Download|
|ภาษาไทย | Thai||Word 38.4 KB||Download|
|Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese||Word 40.8 KB||Download|
|Downloads – registration forms|
|Form A||PDF 298.4 KB||Download|
|Form A (occupier)||PDF 300.1 KB||Download|
|Form A (rate-paying lessee)||PDF 299.3 KB||Download|
|Form B||PDF 308.0 KB||Download|
|Form C||PDF 312.4 KB||Download|
|Form D||PDF 328.5 KB||Download|
|Form E||PDF 300.6 KB||Download|
|Form F||PDF 371.3 KB||Download|
|Form G (change of details)||PDF 299.9 KB||Download|
|Downloads – community languages|
|لعربية | Arabic||PDF 278.7 KB||Download|
|لعربية | Arabic||Word 36.0 KB||Download|
|简体中文 | Chinese (simplified)||PDF 180.8 KB||Download|
|简体中文 | Chinese (simplified)||Word 34.1 KB||Download|
|繁體中文 | Chinese (traditional)||PDF 278.9 KB||Download|
|繁體中文 | Chinese (traditional)||Word 36.9 KB||Download|
|Français | French||PDF 140.6 KB||Download|
|Français | French||Word 30.2 KB||Download|
|Bahasa Indonesia | Indonesian||PDF 76.3 KB||Download|
|Bahasa Indonesia | Indonesian||Word 30.1 KB||Download|
|한국어 | Korean||PDF 192.4 KB||Download|
|한국어 | Korean||Word 39.9 KB||Download|
|Русский | Russian||PDF 182.6 KB||Download|
|Русский | Russian||Word 32.3 KB||Download|
|Español | Spanish||PDF 103.4 KB||Download|
|Español | Spanish||Word 32.7 KB||Download|
|ภาษาไทย | Thai||PDF 163.2 KB||Download|
|ภาษาไทย | Thai||Word 102.5 KB||Download|
|Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese||PDF 188.3 KB||Download|
|Tiếng Việt | Vietnamese||Word 121.0 KB||Download|
Last updated: Monday, 5 December 2016