Social policy and social plan
Connecting people and building communities
The City of Sydney has strong commitments to social justice and equality. Our Social Policy ensures we deliver this through integrated, equitable and needs-based decision making.
We’ve developed our Social Policy in accordance with all relevant legislation, with the aim of improving the social and economic development opportunities for all who reside, work in and visit our wonderful city.
The Social Plan outlines how we intend to respond to local issues in partnership with other levels of government, community-based organisations, local residents, visitors and workers.
The Action Plans, contained within the Social Plan, sets out the range of services and facilities provided to address priority needs within community target groups and the wider City community.
You can download the Social Plans in the Downloads section below.
Community Language Translations
You can access community language translations of our Social Policy and plans here.
- Arabic Social Policy and Plan
- Chinese Simplified Social Policy and Plan
- Chinese Traditional Social Policy and Plan
- Greek Social Policy and Plan
- Indonesian Social Policy and Plan
- Italian Social Policy and Plan
- Korean Social Policy and Plan
- Russian Social Policy and Plan
- Spanish Social Policy and Plan
- Vietnamese Social Policy and Plan
|Social Plan Volume 1: Community profile and action plans||PDF 1.3 MB||Download|
|Social Plan Volume 2: Community target groups and action plans||PDF 1.5 MB||Download|
|Social Policy 2006||PDF 242.3 KB||Download|
Last updated: Thursday, 6 December 2012