Providing more detail
Different developments will have varying additional requirements. The sections on this page summarise certain development aspects requiring more information with your application.
If your application is for integrated development an extra set of plans and an extra digital copy must be provided for each referral agency.
A Statement of Heritage Impact is required if the development will affect a heritage-listed item or building, or if it is within a conservation area.
If any additions result in the total floor area being increased, details of the existing and proposed floor areas including floor-space ratio calculations must be provided to the City of Sydney.
Any development that includes the construction of a new building, or additions to an existing building require shadow diagrams to be provided. The diagrams form part of the assessment process to ensure the amenity of surrounding properties is protected to an appropriate standard. Shadow diagrams must:
- be drawn to true north
- be in accordance with the survey that has been prepared for the development application (DA) by a registered surveyor
- show the expected shadows cast by the development proposal at hourly intervals between 9am and 3pm on 21 June
- show the shadows cast by existing buildings and structures on the site and surrounding areas
- show the extent of additional overshadowing cast by the proposed development at ground level and the windows of adjoining and surrounding premises.
Where a development requires demolition of an existing building, full details of the age and condition of the buildings or works to be demolished must be provided.
A Plan of Management is generally required for new licensed premises, or to extend trading hours at existing licensed premises.
The plan shows interested parties that the owner/operator is committed to ensuring the premises will be operated appropriately.
Licensees are encouraged to become a member of the City's Accord with Licensed Premises.
The size and scope of some developments will determine whether additional information is required. Such information may include:
- physical and electronic 3D models
- materials specifications
- traffic and parking report
- wind effects report
- shadow diagrams
- additional drawings.
Further information about these additional requirements is available from your Neighbourhood Service Centre or please contact:
02 9265 9333
Last updated: Wednesday, 26 August 2015