Food and drink premises

Food and drink premises

No more paper applications

From 6 March 2017 we no longer require paper copies for some of our development and building-related applications.

Your application will need to meet our digital requirements.

From cafés to pubs

If you want to fit out a venue that serves food or drinks, or change its use, then you need to fill out a food and drink premises DA form, which can be downloaded below.

The form covers restaurants, cafes, takeaways, pubs, clubs and small bars.

Before you complete the form, please refer to the food and drink premises DA fact sheet, which can also be downloaded below.

To apply for footway usage approval for outdoor dining, the application form can be downloaded below.

Please note: a liquor licence freeze is currently in effect for parts of the local area.

More information about what is required with your completed DA form can be found in the Application process section.


If you would prefer to discuss your proposal, please contact a planner at the City of Sydney:

Planning Assessment Unit
02 9265 9333

Last updated: Monday, 20 February 2017