Small scale residential

Small scale residential

For householders

The form for small scale residential developments can be downloaded below. It can be used for:

  • alterations and additions to existing dwellings (less than 3 storeys)
  • single new dwellings (less than 3 storeys)
  • dual occupancy dwellings
  • granny flats
  • garages and carports
  • ancillary outbuildings
  • minor alterations to residential units that do not add height or floor space.

To apply for consent to prune or to remove trees from private land a separate application form needs to be completed, which can also be downloaded below. For more information, go to 'Pruning and removing trees' at the bottom of the page.

More information about what is required with your completed DA form can be found in the Application process section.


If you would prefer to discuss your proposal, please contact a planner at the City of Sydney:

Planning Assessment Unit
02 9265 9333

Last updated: Thursday, 6 December 2012