Building certificates


Building certificate applications under section 149 (s149) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act are commonly made when property is being sold and can be from:

  • the property owner
  • another person, with the property owner’s consent
  • the property buyer under a contract of sale, including their solicitor or agent
  • a public authority when they have notified the owner.

Building certificate applications are processed by the City’s Health and Building Unit.

The cost of an s149 certificate can be viewed in the City’s schedule of fees and charges.

Downloads Document Downloads
*Building certificate application PDF 79.7 KB Download

Request an accessible format

Last updated: Friday, 17 October 2014