Central Sydney section 61 contributions
City centre contributions plan
City central building projects expected to exceed $200,000 in development costs must make cash contributions to the City amounting to 1 per cent of the expected total development costs before a construction certificate or complying development certificate can be released.
Information applicants need to provide
For developments expected to cost between $150,000 and $2 million a City Cost Summary Report needs to be completed and submitted, which can be downloaded below. The report must be verified by the City in writing. If the development is expected to cost between $150,000 and $200,000 the report must be lodged at the same time as the construction certificate.
When the expected cost will exceed $2 million a City Registered Quantity Surveyor's Detailed Cost Report must be completed, which can be downloaded below. The report must be verified by the City in writing.
A guide providing more detailed information about section 61 contribution plans can be downloaded below.
Development cost inclusions and exclusions
Items to include or exclude in the development cost are described in schedule 2 on page 12 of the plan (download below). The following items are not included in the overall development costs to calculate contributions:
- land cost
- marketing expenses (excluding display suites and so on)
- finance and interest
- building insurance after practical completion
- commercial stock inventory
- loose furniture, equipment and electrical appliances
- minor maintenance such as patching and repainting of retained fixtures
- stamp duty.
All other cost items are included in calculating the contributions plan such as:
- demolition works
- site decontamination, excavation and preparation
- fit out
- professional design fees
- documentation and implementation process
- fixed building machinery
- equipment and appliances
- kitchens and bar areas
- car parking
- air-conditioning plant and equipment
- fire, mechanical ventilation, electrical and hydraulic services
- fire protection devices
- power, water, sewer and telephone service installation
- lifts and other essential machinery
- floor coverings
- compliance works (Building Code of Australia)
- existing material replacements
- fixtures and fittings
- construction-related insurance
- assessment and construction-related fees, charges and GST.
|Section 61 contributions guide||PDF 32.3 KB||Download|
|Section 61 central Sydney contributions (amendment) plan 2002||PDF 154.5 KB||Download|
|Section 61 map||PDF 90.7 KB||Download|
|Section 61 cost summary report ($150,000 to $2 million)||Excel 30.6 KB||Download|
|Section 61 quantity surveyor’s cost report (over $2 million)||Excel 34.0 KB||Download|
Last updated: Tuesday, 21 May 2013