Community programs at Pyrmont
Pyrmont Community Centre offers a range of programs and activities for people from all walks of life.
The centre’s playgroup is ideal for children aged up to 5 years, while older children have a place to hang out with their friends after school and during the holidays. Free basketball games and a great youth program are on offer for teens and young adults.
For those interested in pursuing cultural activities, pottery and singing classes are available for all skill levels, while a library link is handy to connect to the City’s entire collection.
To find out more about any of these services, contact the centre.
Pyrmont Community CentreCorner John Street and Mount Street
Pyrmont NSW 200902 9298 3134
02 9298 email@example.com
Children and young people
Below is a list of programs currently run at the centre.
- Playgroup: Wednesday 10am. All welcome.
- Music and Movement: Tuesday 9.45am. Contact Julie on 0401 101 171.
- Klubko playgroup: Friday 10am.
- Ballet: Saturday 10am. Contact Sabrina on 0401 264 549. Also Tuesday at 9am. Contact Jacqui on 0466 848 267.
- Karate: Tuesday 10.30am. Contact Trifu on 0410 799 816.
- Little Kickers: Thursday morning. Call 0439 083 333 for details.
- Munchie Movers: Wednesday 3.30pm. Contact Jaclyn 0412 385 933.
5-12 year olds
- Kids' choir: Tuesday 5pm. Contact Mary 0410 679 204.
- Karate: Tuesday and Thursday 5pm. Contact Phil on 9399 3863.
- Piano lessons: Saturday. Contact Katie on 0439 882 344.
- Tennis: Wednesday 4pm. All welcome.
After-school and vacation care
Our children's program, for kids aged 5 to 12 years, is run at Pyrmont Community Centre.
Our youth program, for young people aged 12 to 24 years, takes places at nearby Maybanke Courts. Free basketball is available for young people from 3pm to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
||Music and Movement
||Piano lessons (All day)
||Women's art group
|1pm||Women's art group|
||Table tennis||Table tennis||Table tennis|
|4pm||Children's basketball||Children's tennis|
||Community dinner (Last Friday of month)|
Open to children aged from 2 to 5 years, this class teaches the basic positions of the dance.
Enjoy singing? This is the class for you. Come along to meet new friends and spend time singing a range of tunes.
Ever fancy being an actor? Learn the necessary skills to help you get on your way.
All levels of skill are welcome. Get those needles clicking!
Fun and informal group learning to dance.
Hone your skills to create a piece to keep. You will also learn about the shaping and kneading process.
This class is designed to help members improve their communication, public speaking, and leadership skills.
Meet at the centre for a stroll around Pyrmont.
Women's art group
Designed to encourage friendships and be inclusive culturally, with a particular emphasis on connecting with older women.
The City provides a library link service at our centre giving members a convenient way to request and pick up items that are held at other library branches. You need to be a library member, which is free for City residents, to use the service. The library link is unstaffed.
Last updated: Monday, 8 September 2014