Harry Jensen Centre
Community venue in Millers Point
Harry Jensen Community Centre is conveniently located at Millers Point, right near the Rocks. The centre has a room available for hire that is ideal for hosting community events and gatherings.
Contact our team to find out more about our community venues.
Contacts17 Argyle Street
Millers Point NSW 200002 9265 firstname.lastname@example.orgBooking enquiries form
- Friday: 9.30am–11.30am, Free.
Guitar lessons and jam session
- Monday: 3pm–4.30pm, Free.
Learn loser's chess
- Tuesday: 10am–11am, Free.
Venue hire information
Suitable for meetings, training programs and discussion groups. The centre is next to Abraham Mott Hall with a northerly aspect and direct access to a verandah and small garden.
It is available for hire Monday to Friday from 5pm to midnight and on weekends from 7am to midnight.
The room is 10 metres by 8 metres.
- dinner: 30 people
- cocktail party: 50 people
- theatre: 40 people.
A pool room with bar fridge and a kitchen with:
- water cooler
- instant hot water (Zip system).
- 6 trestle tables (each seats 6 people)
- 3 square tables (each seats 4 people)
- 45 chairs
- ceiling fan
- free WiFi.
- Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area.
- Additional cleaning can be arranged.
- Some functions may require additional security.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Wheelchair access is available at the main entrance and the toilet is accessible.
Transport and parking
- Circular Quay station is within walking distance.
- Bus routes 343, 431, 432, 433 and 434 stop at the Millers Point terminus at the front of the building.
- Limited 2-hour parking.
- Several parking stations are located in The Rocks area.
Standard room hire fees
- weekdays until 5pm: $41 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and on public holidays: $45 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $246 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $450 per day
- elections: $1,140 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Wednesday, 1 July 2015