Harry Jensen Centre
Community venue in Millers Point
Harry Jensen Community Centre is located at Millers Point, right near The Rocks.
It hosts several community activities during business hours. A community worker on site also provides support and referrals to services, including housing, counselling and home care.
Facilities available at the centre include computers and WiFi, washing machine/dryer and showers.
The centre also has a room available for hire during weeknights and weekends that is ideal for hosting community events and gatherings.
Contacts17 Argyle Street
Millers Point NSW 2000Community services02 9244 3696Venue hire02 9265 firstname.lastname@example.orgBooking enquiries form
The City of Sydney's official event guide, What's On, has details of all events and activities at the Harry Jensen Centre.
- Lunch: Monday to Friday, $6.
- Justice of the Peace: Wednesday and Thursday. Bookings essential.
- Day trips: Monthly, free.
- Fishing trips: Monthly, free.
- Guitar lessons and jam session: Monday: 3pm–4.30pm, Free.
Venue hire information
Suitable for meetings, training programs and discussion groups. The centre is next to Abraham Mott Hall with a northerly aspect and direct access to a verandah and small garden.
It is available for hire Monday to Friday from 5pm to midnight and on weekends from 7am to midnight.
The room is 10 metres by 8 metres.
- dinner: 30 people
- cocktail party: 50 people
- theatre: 40 people.
A pool room with bar fridge and a kitchen with:
- water cooler
- instant hot water (Zip system).
- 6 trestle tables (each seats 6 people)
- 3 square tables (each seats 4 people)
- 45 chairs
- ceiling fan
- free WiFi.
- Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area.
- Additional cleaning can be arranged.
- Some functions may require additional security.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Wheelchair access is available at the main entrance and the toilet is accessible.
Transport and parking
- Circular Quay station is within walking distance.
- Bus routes 343, 431, 432, 433 and 434 stop at the Millers Point terminus at the front of the building.
- Limited 2-hour parking.
- Several parking stations are located in The Rocks area.
Standard room hire fees
- weekdays until 5pm: $42 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and on public holidays: $46 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $252 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $460 per day
- election surcharge: $1,140 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Friday, 1 July 2016