Reginald Murphy Centre
Community venue in Kings Cross
Located in the heart of Kings Cross, the Reginald Murphy Community Centre is easy to access.
The centre hosts several educational courses, including sewing, drama and computer classes.
Community groups can also hire the venue for their own meetings and events.
Contacts19 Greenknowe Avenue
Potts Point NSW 201102 9265 email@example.comBooking enquiries form
Nip n Tuck: Clothing alteration class
- Monday: 6pm-8pm
- Tuesday: 10am-11.30am
Computer and technology classes
- Facebook for beginners - Tuesday: 10am-12 noon
- Internet for beginners - Tuesday: 10am-12 noon
- Introduction to Macs - Tuesday: 10am-12 noon
- iPads for beginners - Tuesday: 10am-12 noon
Venue hire information
Suitable for meetings, gentle exercise groups, rehearsals and small functions. The centre is located in the heart of Kings Cross.
It is available for hire Monday to Friday from 5pm to midnight and on weekends from 7am to midnight.
The room is 10 metres by 13.5 metres.
- dinner: 60 people
- cocktail party: 60 people
- theatre: 60 people.
- hot water urn.
- 7 trestle tables (each seats 6 people)
- 2 rectangle tables (each seats 4 people)
- 40 chairs
- 5 lounge chairs
- ceiling fans
- Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area.
- Additional cleaning can be arranged.
- Some functions may require additional security.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Wheelchair access is available from Greenknowe Avenue and the accessible toilet can be used by prior arrangement.
Transport and parking
- Kings Cross train station is within walking distance.
- Bus route 311 stops on Macleay Street, near Orwell Street.
- Bus routes 323, 324, 325, 326 and 327 stop on Bayswater Road, near Darlinghurst Road.
- Limited on-street parking.
- Ward Avenue parking station is nearby.
Standard room hire fees
- weekdays until 5pm: $40 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and on public holidays: $44 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $240 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $440 per day
- elections: $1,100 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Monday, 28 April 2014