Community venue in Potts Point
Situated within easy walking distance to public transport, the Rex Centre hosts many different activities for the local community.
The Rex Centre is also available to host your community gathering or event.
Contacts58A Macleay Street
Entrance near Baroda Street
Potts Point NSW 201102 9265 email@example.comBooking enquiries form
Drawing with colour/charcoal
- Saturday 20 June, Sunday 21 June: 10am–3pm. Free.
- Saturday 22 August, Sunday 23 August: 10am–3pm. Free.
Sewing and design classes (bring your own project)
- Tuesday 14, 21, 28 July: 6pm–8pm.
- Thursday 6 August: 6pm–8pm.
Cost: $130 / 35 concession
Sewing and design classes (beginners)
- Tuesday 9, 16, 23, 30 June: 6pm–8pm.
Storyville, how to self publish
- Friday 16, 23, 30 July: 6pm–8pm.
The Art of comics
- Thursday 3, 10, 17, 24, September: 6pm–8pm.
Creative movement for Seniors
- Monday: 2pm–3.30pm
- Tuesday: 10am–11am
Tai Chi advanced
- Thursday: 10am–11am
Tai Chi beginners
- Thursday: 9am–10am
Tai Chi for health
- Tuesday: 10am–11am
- Thursday: 11am–12pm
Venue hire information
Suitable for meetings, conferences and large functions. The centre is on the first floor of the Rex Apartments and can accomodate up to 350 people with 4 large rooms that can be hired separately or for combined use. The entrance is next to the children's playground.
It is available for hire 7 days per week from 8am to 11pm.
The 4 rooms available have varying dimensions:
- Baroda room: 17 metres by 11 metres
- Fitzroy room: 18 metres by 6 metres
- Macleay room: 9 metres by 6 metres
- Greenknowe room: 9 metres by 6 metres.
The Baroda and Fitzroy rooms can be opened into 1 large room. All capacities listed are theatre style:
- Baroda room: 100 people
- Fitzroy room: 100 people
- Macleay room: 50 people
- Greenknowe room: 40 people.
- instant hot water (Zip system)
- 200 chairs
Wheelchair access to the venue is available by lift.
- Kings Cross train station is within walking distance.
- Bus route 311 stops on Macleay Street, near Orwell Street.
- Bus routes 323, 324, 325, 326 and 327 stop on Bayswater Road, near Darlinghurst Road.
- Limited on-street parking.
- Kings Cross parking station is nearby.
Conference room hire fees
Please note these fees are per room:
- weekdays until 5pm: $50 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and public holidays: $57 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $300 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $570 per day
- elections: $1,100 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Friday, 22 May 2015