St Helen's Community Centre
Community venue in Glebe
St Helen’s Community Centre hosts several exercise classes for the local community.
Located near Glebe Library, the centre also has a room available for hire suitable for meetings, rehearsals and other small gatherings.
Contacts184 Glebe Point Road
Glebe NSW 203702 9265 firstname.lastname@example.orgBooking enquiries form
|9am||Stronger and fitter|
|9.30am||Tai chi $6|
|10.15am||Stronger and fitter|
Venue hire information
Suitable for meetings, gentle exercise groups, rehearsals and small functions. The centre is situated in a prime location next to Glebe library with a well-lit room and verandahs on both sides of hall.
It is available for hire Monday to Friday from 5pm to midnight and on weekends from 7am to midnight.
It covers 70 square metres including an alcove of 14 square metres.
- dinner: 50 people
- cocktail party: 70 people
- theatre: 50 people.
- hot water
- grassed outdoor courtyard.
- 7 trestle tables (each seats 4 people)
- 6 round trestle tables (each seats 6 people)
- 50 chairs.
- Noise needs to be kept to a minimum, residential area.
- Additional cleaning can be arranged.
- Some functions may need security.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
Wheelchair access is available by ramps into the building and toilets are accessible.
Transport and parking
- Bus routes 432, 433 and 444 stop on Glebe Point Road, near Hereford Street.
- Limited on-street parking.
- 10 parking spaces are available after 6pm at the nearby Ward Avenue parking station.
Standard room hire fees
- weekdays until 5pm: $42 per hour
- weekdays after 5pm, all day on weekends and on public holidays: $46 per hour
- day rate (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only): $252 per day
- weekend full day rate, including public holidays (8am to midnight): $460 per day
- election surcharge: $1,140 per election
- security deposit (fully refundable): $300
- key deposit (fully refundable): $35
- community hire rate: 50% discount on standard hire rate.
Before hiring a City of Sydney community venue we ask that you read and understand the conditions of hire.
Last updated: Friday, 1 July 2016