Search the catalogue
Find books, CDs, DVDs, ebooks and more in the City of Sydney library catalogue.
We are installing self-service technology in all branches. Branches will be closed at different times in late 2016 to early 2017.
Stage 1 closures
- Surry Hills Library – 21 November to 22 December 2016
- Waterloo Library – 21 November 2016 to 3 January 2017
- Glebe Library – 21 November 2016 to 3 January 2017
- Town Hall House Link – Limited access from 5 – 15 December 2016
- Pyrmont Link – Limited access from 5 – 15 December 2016
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In the heart of town
Library Express is located in Town Hall House, directly behind the Sydney Town Hall. It houses paperback books for loan and a magazine and newspaper collection for browsing. It is not a staffed branch.
The branch provides a convenient way for members to pick up and return books they borrow from the collection of 500,000 items we hold in other library branches.
Request a book
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
- Closed weekends and public holidays.
Items can be collected and returned at Library Express. It also provides:
- a paperback collection
- free wireless internet
- public access computer
- library catalogue access
- a phone to get 'help' from a library staff member
- a casual reading lounge and café.
Level 1, Town Hall House
456 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2001
Please call Customs House Library for more information
02 9242 email@example.com
Last updated: Monday, 24 October 2016