Find a book
Search the City of Sydney library network's online catalogue to find the title(s) you want to borrow.
The catalogue also provides a great range of services to manage your library membership.
- Extend your loans before the due date by submitting a renewal.
- Write a review and rate books for other members.
- Search for books that other members have given 5-star ratings.
- Reserve books you want to read that are out on loan.
- Suggest books you want the library to purchase.
- Receive email or SMS notifications when your reserved items are ready to collect.
To gain access to the full range of online services provide the details below when you set up your account.
- Your library card number.
- Your email address or mobile phone number.
- A password, which can be a combination of letters and numbers up to 12 characters.
- A 4-digit personal identification number (PIN).
- A library alias* if you want to review books online.
*An alias is an anonymous username or 'handle' you use when you contribute to the catalogue. It is not your actual name.
If there's a book you borrowed and loved reading, perhaps you'd like to share your experience with other library members. The online catalogue has a review facility where you can rate the title and then write your own review. To access it, login to the online catalogue and search for the title, then click the 'Write a Review' link.
When your review is approved and published it will be listed under your alias.
You can also suggest a book for the library to buy. Simply login to the online catalogue, click on the 'Suggestion' tab and enter the details of the book.
If you need help with setting up your account or using the catalogue, telephone or email us.
02 9265 9842 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Wednesday, 7 November 2012