Transfers between branches
Request a transfer
If the book you want to borrow is listed as being 'on shelf' at one of our other branches you can request a free transfer to your closest library or the Pyrmont or Town Hall link.
If the item is already out on loan or goes on loan before it is marked for reservation on your behalf by library staff, a $1.50 reservation fee will apply when the item is collected.
To request transfers:
- Look up the title using the online catalogue
- If it is not listed you can look into an inter-library loan from another library
- If it is listed in the catalogue, click the 'more detail' tab
- If the item is 'on-shelf' click the 'reserve' button
- Login using your card number (without spaces) and PIN
- Click 'OK'
- Use the 'collect at' tab to select your preferred branch
- Click the 'reserve' button.
Availability of transfers
Please allow at least 2 week days for your item to be delivered. It will be available from 3pm the day it is delivered to your nominated branch. Transferred items are held for 7 days then returned to the originating branch if not collected.
For more information about transferring items between City branches contact us by phone or email.02 9242 email@example.com
Last updated: Wednesday, 7 November 2012