Change your pet registration
Change of details
Your owner information needs to be kept up-to-date. If your situation changes, you must notify us so we can update your pet registration details. With an up-to-date register we can easily contact owners when a lost or missing pet is found.
- If you change your address, fill out the change of address form.
- If you sell or give your pet to a new owner, fill out the change of owner/details form.
You may be fined if you don't let us know when your pet is sold or given to a new owner.
Has your pet passed away?
If your cat or dog passes away, you need to let us know within 28 days.
We will cancel your pet's registration and you will no longer receive notifications from us about your pet.
Moving to NSW with your pet?
If you are moving with your pet to the City of Sydney from another state or country, you will need to identify and register your pet in NSW. You will need to provide us with:
- A completed permanent identification form.
- A completed verification of existing microchip form signed by an authorised identifier, such as a vet.
- A completed lifetime registration form.
- Payment of the applicable fees.
Can you no longer care for your pet?
We do not accept surrendered animals. If you are no longer able to care for your pet please contact the RSPCA, Cat Protection Society, Animal Welfare League or your local animal shelter for advice.
It is illegal to dump or abandon your animal and animal cruelty charges apply.
Last updated: Wednesday, 9 July 2014