If you want help reduce graffiti in the local area, the best thing to do is report it directly to the City.
Please use our online form to let us know where you have spotted graffiti.
Inform the City
Removal is a priority
City of Sydney staff inspect ‘hotspots’ every day and aim to remove any new graffiti they find within 24 hours (or as soon as consent is obtained from the owner of the building that has the graffiti).
The local area is inspected every five days and again the aim is to remove graffiti within 24 hours.
The City acts quickly to remove graffiti because our residents have told us that clean walls are a sign they live in a clean and safe neighbourhood.
Between July 2011 and June 2012, the City removed 264,324 incidents of graffiti and bill postering. The graffiti covered an area of 67,111m2.
The best thing you can do to help reduce graffiti in our community is report it when you see it.
The City's response to graffiti in the local area is covered in our graffiti management policy.
Reporting graffiti to the City
Our graffiti management program covers a wide area and range of property types. Use our online form to report graffiti.
If you spot someone applying graffiti, contact your local police or the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 immediately. You can also call Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.
Report graffiti on other properties
If you spot graffiti on the property of one of the organisations below, you can contact them directly to report it.
- Australia Post – 13 13 18
- Energy Australia – 13 15 35
- Metro Transport – 02 8584 5288
- Moore Park Trust – 02 9339 6699
- RailCorp -– 1300 038 500
- Roads and Maritime Services (formerly the RTA) -– 13 17 82
- Royal Botanic Gardens – 02 9231 8111
- Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority – 02 9240 8500 or 1300 655 995
- Sydney Harbour Bridge – 13 17 82
- Sydney Water – 13 20 92
- Telstra – 13 22 03
- University of Sydney – 02 9351 2222
- University of Technology Sydney – 02 9514 2000.
Last updated: Thursday, 6 June 2013