Business parking permits
Did you know that you can apply for your business parking permit online?
It's easy and convenient. Follow the link below to get started.Apply now
New parking policy
Business parking permits are now available across the City of Sydney for eligible businesses.
The scheme has strict eligibility criteria.
The existing business permits in Pyrmont (area 20), Ultimo (area 14) and Glebe (area G) will be phased out from May 2016. Permit holders will need to check their eligibility before reapplying after May 2016.
Your business may be eligible for a business parking permit if it requires a vehicle for carrying goods or equipment, does not have any on-site car spaces and cannot reasonably modify the premises to provide on-site parking.
Business permits are not provided for vehicles primarily used for staff travel, attending business appointments, or commuting to a place of employment or business.
The vehicle must:
- be registered in the name of a business, or a principal of the business
- be constructed for the purpose of carrying goods
- be eligible to use a loading zone under NSW regulations
- not be a truck or bus exceeding 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass.
Business owners/principals: If the car is not registered to the business name and address, you may apply for a permit if the registration indicates business usage and you are a principal of that business. When applying, include a letter on authorised company letterhead stating that the vehicle is used daily for business for carrying goods or equipment.
When will business permits be available in my area?
Business permits are now available across the City of Sydney.
Number of permits available
Premises with on-site parking
If your business has no on-site parking, you may be eligible to apply for 1 business permit for street parking. If your business has on-site parking you are not eligible for a permit.
Strata-titled business addresses
All eligible business properties will be limited to 1 business parking permit at a single address corresponding to a strata lot. If the strata-titled building has on-site parking space, then a business parking permit will not be issued to any lot or address within the building.
In some other areas, 1 business permit may be issued per restricted property, if a registered business is operating from the property, and provided that no other residential or visitor permit has already been issued for the property.
Documents required for business parking permits
- Current vehicle registration papers.
- Business registration certificate.
- One of the following:
- current commercial lease
- business utility bill (i.e. electricity, gas, phone).
- Description of the goods or equipment the vehicle carries
- If your vehicle is not registered to the business name and address, but the registration indicates business usage and you are a principal of that business, please provide a letter on authorised company letterhead confirming that the vehicle is used daily for carrying goods or equipment
Permits last for 12 months. We will send you a courtesy reminder to renew your permit before it expires. It is your responsibility to renew your permit.
How to apply
Review the parking permit area maps.
Last updated: Tuesday, 17 February 2015