Care worker parking permits
New joint care worker parking permit
A new care worker parking permit is available for use across the City of Sydney, Leichhardt and Marrickville council areas. The permit has been introduced as a 12 month trial to assist care workers in their duties and relieve them of the obligation to obtain and display multiple permits in these areas.
Parking permits for care workers
Parking permits are available for accredited workers who provide in-home care services to local residents. The care worker's vehicle is exempt from certain parking restrictions when the permit is displayed while the care worker is doing home visits. Permits are not issued for permanent/overnight parking of service provider vehicles.
Accredited care worker organisations must apply on behalf of care worker staff.
Eligibility for a care worker permit
Care worker organisations applying for a permit must demonstrate they meet the following criteria:
- Be routinely engaged in providing in-home care services.
- Conduct, or be expected to conduct, more than 60 home visits per year in total to clients across the 3 local council areas.
- Have appropriate accreditation or written support from one of the following:
- Department of Family and Community Services – Ageing Disability and Home Care
- NSW Department of Health Area Health Service
- any other Commonwealth, state or non-government health body approved by the Parties.
- Have a current vehicle registration certificate in the name of the organisation. If the vehicle is in a private name, the care worker organisation must supply a letter confirming the permit will be used only for purpose of providing in-home care.
- Have prepared a plan of management to address the risk of permit misuse.
Plan of management
We request care worker organisations to submit a simple plan of management that outlines the number of employees and their cars. A template is available for you to use to prepare your proposed plan.
We will assess your plan, advise you of appropriate fees, and issue permits on a per vehicle basis.
Please submit your management plan with your care worker permit application form.
A care worker permit costs $52 and is valid for 1 year.
Last updated: Monday, 29 February 2016