Care worker parking permits
Parking permits for care workers
Parking permits are available for workers who provide in-home care services to local residents. The care worker's vehicle is exempt from certain parking restrictions when the permit is displayed while the care worker is doing home visits. Permits are not issued for permanent/overnight parking of service provider vehicles.
Organisations should apply on behalf of care work staff.
Eligibility for a care worker permit
Care organisations applying for a permit must meet the following criteria:
- Be routinely engaged in providing in-home care services.
- Conduct, or be expected to conduct, more than 60 home visits per year in total to clients, including clients within the City of Sydney.
- Have appropriate accreditation or written support from one of the following:
- Department of Family and Community Services – Ageing Disability and Home Care
- NSW Department of Health Area Health Service
- any other Commonwealth, state or non-government health body approved by the City.
Plan of management
We request care worker organisations to submit a simple plan of management that outlines the number of employees and their cars. A template is available for you to use to prepare your proposed plan.
We will assess your plan, advise you of appropriate fees, and issue permits on a per car basis.
Please submit your management plan with your care worker permit application form.
A care worker permit costs $50 and is valid for 1 year.
Last updated: Monday, 4 August 2014