Area 13 South Paddington – now Area 13 South Paddington & Centennial Park
New parking policy
A new parking policy is being rolled out progressively across the City over 12 months from August 2014.
What changes with the new parking policy?
- South Paddington (Area 13) will merge with Centennial Park (Area 31) to create a new larger parking area – it will be known as Area 13 South Paddington and Centennial Park (see Area 13 map).
What stays the same?
- Eligibility for residential parking permits.
What is new in the policy?
- Daily visitor parking permits for eligible residents.
- Business parking permits for businesses that can meet strict eligibility criteria.
When will the changes happen?
- In mid-October 2014 letters will be sent to current parking permit holders to update them on the changes.
- From 18 October 2014 Area 13 will be created by amalgamating the former parking areas of 13 and 31, and parking area signs with 'Area 31' will be changed to 'Area 13'.
- Once the boundary changes happen you will be able to park in the wider area of your new parking area when the spaces close to you are full.
- Eligible households and businesses can apply for Area 13 visitor and business parking permits from 25 October 2014.
Last updated: Thursday, 16 October 2014