Area 35 Alexandria – becomes Area 35 Zetland, Beaconsfield & Rosebery or Area 36 Erskineville & Alexandria
New parking policy
A new parking policy is being rolled out progressively across the City over 12 months from August 2014.
What changes with the new parking policy?
- Most of Alexandria (Area 35) will combine with Beaconsfield (Area 34), Zetland (Area 37) and Rosebery (Area 38), and a small part of Waterloo (Area 39) to create a new larger parking area – it will be known as Area 35 Zetland, Beaconsfield and Rosebery (see Area 35 map).
- The north-western area of Alexandria (Area 35) will join with southern Macdonaldtown (Area 36), Erskineville area (40), and north-western Waterloo (39) to create another new parking area – it will be known as Area 36 Erskineville and Alexandria. See Area 36 for more information.
What stays the same?
- Eligibility for residential parking permits.
What is new in the policy?
When will the changes happen?
- In early June 2015 letters will be sent to current parking permit holders to update them of the changes.
- From 9 June 2015, the new Area 35 parking area will be created by amalgamating most of the current Area 35 Alexandria with the following whole, or part-areas: Beaconsfield (Area 34); Zetland (Area 37); Rosebery (Area 38) and a small part of Waterloo (Area 39). Parking signs will start to change to Area 35 from this date.
- Once the boundary changes happen you will be able to park in the wider Area 35 when the spaces close to you are full.
Do permit holders need to do anything in the meantime?
- No, if you have a resident permit you can continue to park where you normally do.
- All households with resident permits will be notified in writing when the parking area boundaries are set to change, and relevant parking area signs will be changed to 'Area 35'.
- Once the boundary changes happen you will be able to park in the wider area of your new parking area when the spaces close to you are full.
- Eligible households and businesses will also be able to apply for Visitor and Business parking permits from 15 June 2015.
Last updated: Wednesday, 3 June 2015