Area 19 Elizabeth Bay – now Area 19 Kings Cross
New parking policy
A new parking policy is being rolled out progressively across the City over 12 months from August 2014.
What changes with the new parking policy?
- Areas 19, 23 and 26 will merge to create a new larger parking area – it will be known as Area 19 Kings Cross (see Area 19 map).
- As there are more resident parking permits on issue than on-street spaces, eligible households making new applications for residential parking permits can apply for up to one resident permit only (see zone A and B permit limits for more information).
- Households with an existing second residential parking permit, or with one permit and an on-site space, can renew that permit until they move.
What is new in the policy?
When will the changes happen?
- In early November 2014 letters will be sent to current parking permit holders to update them on the changes.
- From 10 November 2014 Area 19 will be created by amalgamating the former parking areas of 19, 23 and 26, and parking area signs with 'Area 23' and 'Area 26' will be changed to 'Area 19'.
- Once the boundary changes happen you will be able to park in the wider area 19 when the spaces close to you are full.
- Eligible households and businesses can apply for Area 19 visitor and business parking permits from 10 November 2014.
- From 10 November 2014, residents moving into Area 19 will be eligible for only 1 permit per household. Residents with existing second permits, or with 1 permit and an on-site parking space, are able to renew that permit until they move.
Are there any other changes to parking?
- When the new policy was adopted Council resolved that consultation would be undertaken on extending the finishing time of parking controls in Kings Cross on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The timing for these consultations is being finalised, and is expected to be completed in early 2015.
Last updated: Thursday, 6 November 2014