Area 22 Newtown
New parking policy
A new parking policy is being rolled out progressively across the City over 12 months from August 2014.
What changes with the new parking policy?
- Newtown (Area 22) will join with the southern part of Camperdown (Area 30), and the northern part of Macdonaldtown (Area 36) to create a new larger parking area – it will be known as Area 22 Newtown (see Area 22 map).
What stays the same?
- Eligibility for residential parking permits.
What is new in the policy?
When will the changes happen?
- The timing of the changes to parking area boundaries are yet to be finalised, however they are expected to be completed in the first half of 2015 – this page will be updated once the timing is confirmed.
Do permit holders need to do anything in the meantime?
- No, if you have a resident permit you can continue to park where you normally do.
- All households with resident permits will be notified in writing when the parking area boundaries are set to change, and relevant parking area signs will be changed to 'Area 22'.
- Once the boundary changes happen you will be able to park in the wider area of your new parking area when the spaces close to you are full.
- Eligible households and businesses will also be able to apply for Visitor and Business parking permits in the first half of 2015.
Last updated: Monday, 4 August 2014